Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New James Callis Interview!*

* mostly visual unless you know Italian. Disclaimer: I have nothing against Italian, I just really hate dubbing.

So yeah, it's a James Callis interview at Rai.tv! And it's DUBBED IN ITALIAN so you can't really hear what he's saying.

I'm gonna be lazy and not crop this, so you can see what tabs I have open. Fascinating isn't it?

Things you can learn from this interview:
-he has a red phone. (I'm not sure why this surprises me. I guess I just hadn't thought of his phone colors.)
-he keeps his phone in his left chest pocket.
-he wears a tie with a flannel shirt, which is confusing. (This would have been my first question in the interview: what's up with that tie? Is this a British thing?)
-he looks quite... sexy. Very sexy.
-lots of cute faces and hand gestures.

Seriously speaking, I do get some of what he says. He says about the finale: "We didn't tie all the knots but we tied all we could" and "I think it was a brilliant ending". (After all this time, I'm inclined to agree. It wasn't perfect in every way and it didn't tie it all up but... it was pretty damn good.) I think he also says "I have no idea how I would have written the finale", which fair enough, it was a tall order for Ron.

Also, Battlestar Galactica was a political show and "it was absolutely meant to be that way".
Amusingly, he says "every. single. level" at least once.
Eureka was a lot of fun because he got to play a guy in the past who looked at a phone and said: "Wow, that's brilliant, it's so SMALL!"

I probably won't listen umpteen times to try to make sense of it, but it's cute nonetheless.

I do hope, though, that some day they won't intercut an interview with a million clips from the shows, including some that don't even have James in them. We don't need a recap of the entire BSG to get what he's saying. (And the clips are also very disturbingly dubbed. I hate dubbing.) (Oh, aren't I the grinch today. I think I'm in a bad mood because I have to take my cat to the vet, and he already detected the hated box and plans to make a run for it. Let's take another look at cutesy ch..exy James. (Chexy! That's good.)

No comments: