Saturday, May 11, 2013

James Callis on CSI, Part 3: Ozzy Frakking Osbourne!

OMG, there's a clip at CSI Files, down the page in this link. James is the interviewer talking to Ozzy, and he's a be a bit of a fanboy! Turns out Ozzy was his first interview ever, in 1986.

Ozzy: "Uh, I don't remember."
John Merchiston: "Me or the gig?"
Ozzy: "I don't remember 1986."
John laughs (it looks like a James laugh, he just bows his head down like "heeee").

That is so cute! Also, worlds colliding. I'm not really into Ozzy's music, but I did watch The Osbournes. Note that James is playing someone older than himself here; he was 15 in 1986. (Also, would they really let a fledgling beginner start on Black Sabbath? OK, I'm reading too much into it.) But he'd remember Black Sabbath's glory days. I'm not sure if he's into this sort of music (I know he likes Radiohead, which is a very different scene, but who says you can't like both?) I also recall that James talked very positively of Jack Osbourne in the Galactica Quorum interview (re: a show he did with "the recruits"):

I thought he showed a lot of grace looking after those children . And I was... I don't know how old he is, but he surprised me with his maturity and his leadership. So I was like glued to this thing. It was like, it was great drama. It was kind of like Lost, but I knew what's going on.
The interview (audio)
A full transcript of the interview.
My commentary on selected bits.
Just putting the links out there in case some of you tuned in recently.

PS. Oh, Ted Danson is the leading man of CSI nowadays? I thought he was just guest starring. I need to look things up better when I fangirl-blog. CSI isn't my scene, so I've only really looked for the info on James' episode.

No comments: