Friday, May 22, 2009

Merlin and the Book of Beasts Trailer!



For all the readers searching for Merlin and the Book of Beasts, here be the trailer! Thanks to writer Brook Durham for sending me the link. The movie airs on May 30th (next Sunday) on the Sci Fi channel (at 9/8 PM).

Edit: OK, I've tried editing this post several times but I'm hopeless with the embedding codes. Hope this edit won't wipe out the video. So - seen the trailer, and like James said, it does seem to be mostly for kids. Looks like there'll be a lot of CGI. The basic plot of the movie sounded quite dark and interesting (see older post if you haven't yet), but it's hard to tell from this clip how it's handled. I'm very curious to hear some reviews when it airs.

Gush and pride for "Battlestar Galactica's James Callis". He's an established name now! I must admit he's handsome in his Merlin garb/beard/hair extensions, even if I'm not always a fan of BeardJames. He seems to be doing a gruffy Eddie-type voice, and I hear he's doing a Welsh accent for this film, which is interesting.

There's also another trailer on imdb, which Brook Durham brought to my attention, but it's unfortunately geo-coded, so I can't view it. The link is here for the US fans. Edit: Apparently it can be viewed from Germany, so... weird. My browser tells me it's not available in my country, so I don't know if this is just a local thing, or if you need certain software to play imdb videos. Test it to see if you can view it - it's apparently a bit longer than the embedded video.

I probably won't see this movie, but I'll keep an eye out for any reviews or recaps, and will post about them here.


2 comments:

Elina said...

James Callis is now a name that sells!!!

But that film is seriously for kids. I laughed so hard.

Deniselle said...

Yes! I'm so proud of "Battlestar Galactica's James Callis".

As for the rest, hmm. mm hmm. Um, I'll think about what I can say about that. Later.