Tuesday, October 28, 2008

YouTube Channel

I've opened a YouTube channel for this blog. Now, I'm probably not going to upload any videos, because I don't have anything exclusive to share. It's meant to be a resource for James video links all in one place, so I don't have to do the same searches every time, and hopefully helpful for others as well. If you have James videos I haven't yet added, please let me know either here or on YouTube. I'm starting with con videos and general BSG stuff he's in.

The channel is at: http://www.youtube.com/BaltarstarBlog

I've created a couple of playlists:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=BaltarstarBlog
More are coming.

It's not looking particularly good for the non-BSG stuff, because I haven't found anything except Chips, Sex and Rock'n'Roll. It seems like a good show, and James is great in it, so I'm not complaining. But I'm also looking for other stuff he's done to round it out a bit.

I haven't made a decision about music videos of BSG yet. Frankly, since there are so many of them, their quality is very varying, and most of them have the same clips over and over, I might just decide to not add any. But we'll see.

An annoyed side note:
Could people please stop tagging every single BSG-related video with the name of every single actor involved? This is a show with a huge cast and a huge array of characters, so obviously not every one of them is going to be in every video. It would be more helpful to only tag it with the names of people who, you know, actually appear in the video. I don't think a lot of people come to Youtube to search for the names of the entire cast and crew. It doesn't make your video look more professional, it just annoys people.

And don't even get me started about the Bridget Jones videos. I have yet to come across one where James appears for more than two seconds, yet the descriptions list him as one of the actors, so the videos come up in a search.

Also: "Recommended For You". What's recommended for me? Let's see:
The top ten list from Letterman. Bwah! OK, this will not be added, just out of respect for James and his condition while doing it.

Jay and Silent Bob Gag Reel. Um, I'd like to emphasize that I'm not really into gag reels in general, just BSG gag reels.

That all? OK. For the record, I don't really believe that they're ever going to recommend a video that is just the thing I've always wanted to see, like "The Entire Music of Battlestar Galactica Documentary", "3-Hour Behind the Scenes with James Callis", or "James Callis Talks About The Baltarstar Blog Praisingly And at Great Length". But it's still pretty amusing just how bad those recommendations were.

I started the channel yesterday, so obviously I'm still adding more stuff, but just to let you know it's out there. I also plan on doing more transcripts in the near future, starting with the Farpoint 2008 videos.

No comments: